OK, I think I found a nice workaround.
- Backup your iCal Archive. Save to the desktop (easy to find)
- Delete all account info in iCal
- Delete all info on Google at your calendar (under settings icon)
- make a new Google account in iCal (it probably will give you errors, don’t worry, we’ll fix that)
- Under account info in iCal, change “Account Information” to
- Description: YOURNAME@www.google.com
- User Name: YOURNAME (don’t put @google.com)
- Password: YOURPASSWORD
- Under Server Settings:
- Server Address: www.google.com
- Server Path: /calendar/dav/YOURNAME@gmail.com/user/
- Port: 443
- Make sure SSL is CHECKED
- DO NOT check Use kerberos
- Wait a few minutes for the updates to come rolling in.
- Allow “revert to server” for damaged entries, Make a note if you really need those entries
- Add the calendar archive that you backed-up in step 1
- It will sync for a while. Check your Google Cal online.
Hope this works for you. It did for me